Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010

I took my camera out today while running around town. It was a beautiful day, I photographed an antique sewing machine, and sparkling icicles, but what caught my eye the most and helped to learn how beautiful the day was is this image. I love our flag and what it stands for. Every time I hear the Star Spangled Banner or say the Pledge of Allegiance I still get a lump in my throat and I have to choke back the tears because I love our country. I love our military and the sacrifices they and their families make. I appreciate the freedoms that are still left in this great country of ours. The only thing that could have made this a perfect shot was if an eagle had been flying around :D!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Meg!!! That is one that will stick with me after I leave Alaska!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete